The velvet cream is a recipe not always easy, but with the cream of leeks and potatoes to serve with shrimp the goal is easily accessible. Using the freshest ingredients, and the flavors blend very well with each other that will create a simple and appetizing dish.
Ingredients x 7 people
4 whole leaks
30 gr. Butter
1 tablespoon of Evo oil
1 large potato (about 300 gr)
1 liter of water
500 grams of boiled shrimp
Salt to taste
The velvety cream sauce is a white background tied up by a roux (a substance for sauces and soups, obtained by mixing flour, starch Mais- eg. Maizena) and butter or other fats such as margarine, lard oil or melted) strictly white. The velvety sauce is considered a mother sauce, from which are derived the basic sauce and those sauces are obtained multitude of sauces.
1) Wash the leeks very well, we will also use the green part that is always full of earth.
2) Coarse the leek into pieces.
3) Peel the potato.
4) Cut the potato into cubes.
5) Bring the water to the boil.
6) Melt the butter in a large pot and add the oil to avoid burning.
7) Sprinkle the leeks, add potatoes and boiling water. Close the lid and boil for 20 minutes.
8) Cover the shrimp, wash them and put them aside.
9) At the end of the cooking, add the salt and mix with a dough mixer.
10) Serve the velvety boil after adding the shrimp dose you feel most appropriate and a sprinkling of white pepper.
Fiaccavento Margherita was born in Rome in 1968. Having long studied for a diplomatic career in Rome and Paris rejects the constraints by developing a rebellious and non-conformist life. After 15 years of professional experience managerial changes to television as a writer and web content. In 2012 he left Rome and the Eldorado media for the Emilia countryside. “Amazon on me”and ‘his first work of fiction.